miércoles, 4 de diciembre de 2019

How to overcome burnout and bored out syndromes at work : My story and recommendations


The story:
 
Burnout and Boredout syndromes are very common in people whose jobs make them subject to a high amount of stress on a continual basis, such as  my own  as a call center agent; Indeed, it actually  happened  to me  just last year after reaching close to a  a decade  working  for my company, to  tell you the truth, it was something I wasn’t even aware of , until my  entire  team brought  the situation to my attention by means of mentioning that they were quite amazed by my not meeting the specific goals we had  all comitted to,   even though they  regarded me as a knowledgeable person in both product knowledge and procedures in our specific product  and it was really starting to affect my stability at work.


I was not even aware of me going both the boredout and Burnout processes, all I knew at the time was that I was feeling out of place at work, not motivated enough at work ( even though incentives were and still are great), inability to focus on reaching the goal or any specific task for a long time ,  costant  difficulty sleeping, lack of energy in general as well as multiple  tension headaches  in a week.

Then, when I was approached by my superiors who were trying to find out what could possibly be wrong with me, they even tried any probing question possible in order to find out  how they could  help-I really thank my superiors and my team overall for their patience  during this process- to no avail, as I could not even pinpoint it myself.

My entire time was being affected at both individual and group indicatbecause of my performance ;

what didn't work for me

  1.   Trying to copy someone else's style: I asked many of the overachievers for help, in which I asked them for  their  daily routines and techniques in order for me to identify what they were doing differently, so that I would be  able to copy their behaviour and techniques  gtherefore  meeting  the goal or even do better, just as they were doing it. The issue with doing this is that as  each person is different, one would  not be able to keep up their routines or techniques as they are not natural or logical to you which in the end, would get you tired and more frustrated as the results might no be the same, even though you are conscious of following the same procedures, techniques, etc as the others.
  2. Assuming everybody has the same key motivating factor : Everybody is different, as I mentioneduu above, so whatever motivates a specific achiever to reach the goal, will not necessarily have the same effect on someone else other than that specific individual.

  3. Stressing about the current negative results:  Actually focusing on the current negative results, rather in the desired result will add anxiety to your mind, which in term will not allow for you to find solutions that woudl fit your specific personality type and satisfaction.


    What actually worked for me
    1. Finding a Mentor: Finding a mentor who has techniques and methods that do work for you, in my case, I found a very good mentor page called Bob Proctor, I follow hm social media and video sites and have followed his recommendations to the letter and have found some amazing results(ask my boss, they are now amazed at my current results).
    2. Identifying how your body starts manifesting stress and find a way to stop it from the start :  You achieve this by following relaxation and mindfulness  techniques that would allow you to feel where your stress points are( some people feel the stress starting to build up in their stomach, some others in their shoulders, etc) and find a way to immediately  bring that specific part of your  body down to a relaxed state, doesn't matter how ridiculous it may look to others, if it works for you, go for it, it will help you in keeping your mind focus on the desired results, not the current stressful state(My stress indicator was my shoulders and neck, they start getting stiff when stress was approaching my mind, so I starting taking short  restroom breaks when that starts, so that I can pour some water in those areas, so that the heat in those areas as well as the tension diminishes, telling  my mind to quiet down, by means of physical body changes) .
    3. Finding an accountability partner: Finding someone who makes you understands your approach to life, understand your Key Motivators, how to use them and has the ability of reminding you of the exact amount of  accountability and motivation will allow you to find ways to motivate yourself to the pursue of the desired result ( Mine was a free cup of coffee every day, can you imagine? that's how much I love coffee, thank you JP).
    4. Take some time enjoying nature : According to those experts in stress, depression and the like, receiving some sun and spending some time  greenery areas, will allow your brain to disconnect from your daily stress and reduce it so that you are back at it. In my case, during my breaks at work, I walk to a green area and spend some time alone just listening to some music and receiving some sun, just enjoying the view and not worrying about nothing else,but the moment at hand.
    5. Work on your self-talk: Psychologists call this an internal dialogue, which is nothing more than the different limits you have for yourself depending on the internal paradigm that dictates your behaviour and results, some ways to improve this is by performing daily affirmation exercises(saying positive things to yourself, such as I am neat, I have an excellent memory), gratitude journals(write down the things you are grateful for every day, it helps you keep your mind positive), use your senses to create a physical cue for your mind to be on the right mindset( I wear some rings  in my hands to visualize myself in calm and successful- which I am currently at work, family, etc  and some songs from Michelle Blood and Bob Proctor to set my mind ready for goal achieving when it is time for me to come into goal achieving action/mindset "Go find a real goldmine),


 Here are some books I recomment that may help you(I know they helped me through the process )  so that you can check reviews and get your hands on them if you feel  they may be of help for you or anyone you know who may be going through the process,  you may find them on Amazon just by clicking on them, I just ask you , if you can, that you support the authors, they definitely deserve it.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario